"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything,
but still I can do something; and because I cannot do
everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do"
Cagayan de Oro City, along with other nearby towns and cities got stormed by Bagyong Sendong last night. It was just an ordinary day yesterday when it rained. It just seemed like an ordinary drizzle because usually, we only get downpour that lasts for about 3-6 hrs/day.
This is one of the images I have seen on my Facebook timeline
that broke my heart into pieces.
Bagyong Sendong left our brothers and sisters in Mindanao and other affected areas in a state of devastation. This made me felt sad upon looking the victim pictures of typhoon sendong hit down particularly in Northern Mindanao. If you’d like to help, you can check out the list below the hotline numbers and establishments that accommodate relief goods for Bagyong Sendong victims in the Philippines.
This is the Aerial View of Cagayan de Oro City
during the wrath of Typhoon Sendong
Here are some ways to help them:
1. Donate to Philippine Red Cross for relief efforts. Just text RED<space>AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe) or 4143 (Smart)
2. Donate to Xavier University Ateneo Relief Center, BPI account number 9331-0133-63. Volunteers are also needed, call (+6388) 858-3116 for inquiries.
3. Donate to Iligan City's Trust Fund
Account Name:City Treasurer’s Office Iligan City
Trust Fund # 0820-016201-030
Bank Name: DBP (Development Bank of the Philippines), Iligan City
4. Xavier University, Cagayan de Oro needs donations in CASH, FOOD (noodles, canned goods, etc.), BOTTLED WATER, and CLEAN CLOTHES. Details here
5. Iligan Bloggers Society is asking for cash donations, canned goods, noodles, bath and laundry soaps, toothpaste, rice, used clothings, slippers. Details here
6. ABS-CBN Sagip Kapamilya. Donations accepted in cash and in kind. Details here
7. Globe G-Cash. Text DONATE(space)AMOUNT(space)MPIN(space)SLB and send to 2882
3. Volunteers are also needed at DSWD Cagayan de Oro. Call 09066150095.
4. For donations on Paypal, your names and initials here
We Filipinos are known for “bayanihan” – a spirit of communal unity or effort to achieve a particular objective. This is one of those times that we really need to put “bayanihan” into practice. We need to put aside all our differences and work together to help the victims of Bagyong Sendong.
Any type of help you can give – cash, food, clothes, etc. will help ease the burden of the poor victims of these recent calamity. I also pray for the countless families who were displaced and affected by Bagyong Sendong and hope that they’d get the help that they need and be able to recover as soon as possible.