Over a thousand of entries all over the country were received by Jollibee but only five was chosen to be given the award being the exemplary Pinoy families for the Jollibee Family Values Awards held at the Ballroom C,D,E of Crowne Plaza Hotel, Ortigas on September 28, 2011.
Depla Family (North Luzon)
· Ireneo (father) – company welder
· Flordeliza “Flor” (mother) – midwife
· Irvin Lenard (son, 17 years old)
· Irene Joy (daughter, 13 years old)
· Ivan Justine (son, 6 years old)
Flor Depla is a midwife who volunteers her services for free for expectant mothers who cannot afford to have their babies delivered in the hospital. She also conducts pre-natal seminars to help would-be mothers in their community.
Mercado Family (Mega Manila)
· Emmanuel “Wawel” (father) – President, St. John’s Health Network
· Mila (mother) - housewife
· Mary Grace Therese (daughter, 15 years old)
The Mercado family’s story is a testament not just of a husband’s unconditional love for his wife but also of the whole family’s resolve to rise above adversity. t. In 1986, Mila Mercado suffered brain damage while giving birth, leaving her paralyzed and unable to speak. But with the family’s strong faith and love for one another, they were able to accept this challenge from God wholeheartedly and instead opted to become sources of inspiration and hope for other people.
school, Multiple Intelligence, they were able to launch and sustain the Cambantoc Reforestation project/. The family is also involved in advocating the implementation of the accessibility law in the Philippines.
Francisco Family (South Luzon)
· Edonis (father) - businessman, psychologist
· Christine (mother) – businesswoman, life coach
· Denise Patriara (daughter, 17 years old)
· Denise Czarina (daughter, 15 years old)
· Denise Beatrice (daughter, 4 years old)
The Francisco family strongly believes in the saying that to whom much is given, much is expected. Blessed with a modest home, flourishing careers and three bright and wonderful children, Mr. and Mrs. Edonis and Christine Francisco have imparted to their children early on the value of sharing and reaching out to others in order to have more meaningful lives.
Suplido Family (Visayas)
· Ernesto (father) – professor at University of St. La Salle
· Ma. Remedios “Mardi” (mother) – NGO Manager
· Alexandra (daughter, 19 years old)
· Cesar Ernesto (son, 15 years old)
· Simon Pedro (son, 14 years old)
· Rosario Carmelina (daughter, 13 years old)
The Suplido family from Silay City strives to constantly nurture their deep faith in the Almighty while fostering love and peace not only in their home but also in their community. They support each other’s activities and take great pride in each other’s achievements. The love and support they share with one another extend beyond the corners of their home as as they aim to serve and willingly give a part of themselves to others.
Ernesto and Mardi facilitate and give talks to couples for the Christian Family Movement’s Discovery Weekend and Marriage Encounter. They also started a regular summer workshop called “Kids for Peace”, where all of their children speak and participate, and are also regular facilitators of the 7 Habits for Highly Effective Teens workshops.
Cartojano Family (Mindanao)
· Rey (father) – lawyer
· Marjorie (mother) – ACLC school director
· Rey Jr. (son, 18 years old)
· Thea Danielle (daughter, 16 years old)
· Hannah Katrina (daughter, 13 years old)
· Kiara Raye (daughter, 9 years old)
The Cartojano family are all active members of the Red Cross. Rey is a board member of the Gensan Red Cross chapter and assists in the legal and policy making of the organization. Maya was an active member of the Quezon City Red Cross and helped during rallies, disasters and national conventions. Meanwhile, Rey Jr and Thea are trained first-aiders and volunteers during disasters, bloodletting and other community service events.
The family also launched several websites and blogs to help promote General Santos, its many events and attractions as well as info and technology to the rest of the world (gensanexchange.com, philippinelawblog.com, skeptronsolutions.com, yamangensan.ph, etc).
NhamNgaHanh is the founder and editor in chief of SimplexDesign blog ,a blog on Blogger tips ,tricks ,designer resources and many premium Blogger templates for free use.